Friday, April 9, 2010


I would like to tell you a little story about when I first came to college. I didn't have any friends here, and I was extremely lonely. After my family dropped me off and headed home I just sat in my bedroom and cried a little. :( It was really hard! I didn't know any of my roommates, but it didn't really matter because none of them had moved in yet.

While I was sitting there feeling bad for myself someone knocked on my door. I opened it to find four boys with big smiles on their faces. They introduced themselves and then asked what my name is. I told them, and one boy asked how to spell it. I spelled it as one of them wrote it down on paper. I'm not gonna lie, I thought they were weirdos!

Then they said, "Sweet! You're on our frisbee team now. We'll let you know when the games start!" I argued that I had never played frisbee before, but they came back with, "That's too bad...we already wrote your name down. I guess you're just gonna have to learn!" So I did. And I loved it!

It didn't take me very long to figure out that owning a light up frisbee is all it takes to be cool in college. Obviously, I purchased one immediately. I have been playing frisbee ever since. :)

So...yesterday my little brother, Jace, came to visit Russell and I. It was so fun to have him here! Russell took him gold panning, then we introduced him to ultimate frisbee and volleyball. He even got to play in our intramurals games, AND he scored! He was incredible! I had no idea that he could play like that! :)

He's only in eighth grade, but he told me that he can't wait to come to Snow just so he can play frisbee!

No comments: