Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Tribute...


This week has been a very busy one for me, but I've somehow managed to get through it...thanks to my pens. I want to tell all my readers a secret about myself, but first all of you must promise not to judge me. Because this is a blog and you can't pinky-swear or look me in the eyes and tell me that you promise, I'll just assume that if you continue to read this post then it means that you aren't going to judge me. Deal?


Okay, here it goes.... I have color-coded my life. There, I said it. I know that you are probably thinking that I am the nerdliest person ever, but I feel okay about that because at least you already promised not to judge me. I wasn't always so geeky, but when I started doing distance education I had to come up with a way to organize my life so I wasn't so overwhelmed with everything I had to do. Everyone has their own way of getting organized, and these beautiful colored pens are what help me. :)

Each pen has it's own meaning when looking in my planner or at my t0-do list, and it makes life a lot more exciting! The dark blue pen is for everything I have to do as an RA. The light purple pen tells me what days I have to work. Dark green means that someone I love is having a birthday. Pink is for all my Adult Development & Aging class. Dark purple is for my pre-practicum. Orange is for my Family and Culture Diversity class. Bright green is for Research Methods. Black is for personal and family things. And lastly, red is for my ambassador stuff.

I know I'm kind of a geek, but I love my colorful pens! :)

4 comments:

kriddlec said...

I actually completely support this! Ha! You are amazing. :)

ShaNeil Cook Coons said...

Yay! I'm so happy that you approve! :)

V said...

Very clever, I don't think your a geek, I promise. Love ya

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Don't worry- We all have a little bit of geek in us:)