Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm An Addict...

I'd like to take a minute or so to tell you a little story. I have four older sisters and one younger brother. I always got to help my dad outside while everyone else helped my mom in the house. While my sisters were learning to cook, I was often mowing the lawn or weeding the garden. It was our little joke that I got to work outside because I wasn't domestic enough to do the inside stuff. When I was in high school, I took a home ec class--mostly because I had to. In the sewing half of this class we could choose to make a quilt, or to make three other items. I chose to make a quilt because I thought it would be easier than making THREE things. So it ended up looking like this...

I learned a lot in that class, but mostly that I love to make quilts! I have made several since then, and I love them all! Anyway, last week I went to Walmart and somehow ended up in the fabric department. I wasn't really looking to make a quilt, but I ended up purchasing fabric that I'm really excited about. I've spent a lot of the week working on a new quilt! Yay! I'm pretty sure it will be amazing. This is what my fabric looks like--not the blue, that's just carpet...
The blocks are going to look like this...in every color except for the flower stuff. I'll have to post pictures if I ever find time to finish it since school is starting next week! :) I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited for this one! :)

No comments: