Thursday, January 14, 2010

Love At First Sight

Quite some time ago, when Ikea first came to Utah, my sister took me there for the first time. Krystle showed me a table that she claimed she would someday own, and I loved it as soon as I saw it! I know what you're thinking right now, but I'm pretty sure that wanting the same table as my sister doesn't mean I'm a copycat...

Anyway, I never had any reason to buy it, but I admired it every time I went on an Ikea adventure. Over the break Krystle and I went to Ikea, and we were astonished to see that our table was being cleared out. Yep, they were going to stop carrying it! We both panicked a little bit, and before we knew what was happening Krystle had purchased one and we were loading it into the car.

I, on the other hand, did not purchase the amazing table. Time passed, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I was having some major regrets! So last week Russell and I were driving to his parents house and I might have made him stop at Ikea against his will. I was pretty sure there wouldn't be any tables left because it had been too long, but I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I didn't at least try!

Only the display table was left, so I quickly asked if I could buy it. The worker told me no...and I was sad. :( Then he told me that he had just sent one of these tables to the "As Is" section, so it
might still be there.

We went to check it out, and then we were buying it! Russell and I are now the proud owners of this amazing table and I couldn't be happier about it! It was regularly $179.00, and I got it for $74.90. Yay! :)

No comments: