Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Break!

I'm not going to lie, I am so excited for this break from school! :) I love Thanksgiving! I am just planning on going home and spending time with my family, which should be a lot of fun. I had to work last night, and I'm working again tonight, but then I'll be on my way home for the rest of the week. Last year at this time I was in a cooking class, and our assignment over the break was to make rolls. Well, I didn't have a clue what I was doing, but they ended up being amazing! Naturally, I was pretty proud of the amazing rolls I had made, so I took pictures. If you look at the picture to the left, you'll see me, my awesome nephew Trevin, and a bowl full of turkey-shaped rolls! How cool is that?! Little did I know that I was going to be responsible for bringing rolls to Thanksgiving for the rest of my life....yep, that's my assignment again this year! I'm really looking forward to the next few days. Hopefully I'll end up going shopping on Friday. Black Friday is really the only day of the year that I like to shop. I mostly just like it becuase I find it hilarious to watch all the women go crazy and run through the stores to get the "good stuff" before everyone else. The first year I was invited to go along, we had some fleece blankets that we had snatched up, and my sister set them down just for a second to readjust all the things in her arms. A lady came out of nowhere and stole them. My sister and I just watched as she ran away. People are so ridiculous! :) Then on Saturday we're going to another Thanksgiving party! I know what you must be thinking.... "ShaNeil is so lucky because she gets to pig out TWICE!" Well, you're right, I am a pretty lucky girl! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, so jealous that you got to go to the Lofley Thanksgiving dinner! And I want to sample some of those delicious looking rolls when we come for Christmas. I am bringing my special Christmas pudding, so it's on. Whose do you think is better???

Unknown said...

Hahaha, I'm sure your's is much better because I'm not nearly as domestic as you! You prepared a whole Thanksgiving meal! :) But I'm up for the challenge. I can't wait to see you guys!