Thursday, December 11, 2008

SURPRISE! :(

This week has been CRAZY!  Finals are always pretty stressful, but I had a lot more going on than just finals.  It mostly started on Tuesday, when I had to go up to Orem to a dermatologist appointment.  Dr. Moss and I are pretty tight because I visit him so often!  He did some minor surgeries and sent me on my way.  I feel like it's important to note that I am currently unable to wear pants because I have stitches on my stomach.  So I am living in basketball shorts, t-shirts, and super long socks.  Yeah, I am feeling pretty stylish!

I was with my mom, and anytime I'm with my mom I know there is shopping to do!  So we went to all sorts of different stores, and we were having a lot of fun together, despite the weird looks I got when people saw what I was wearing.  :)  I told my mom that I'd walk ten feet behind her if she was embarrassed to be seen with me, but she said that it was okay because I've been embarrassing her for almost 21 years and she's use to it.  I have a funny mom, even though I think she was being serious.  ;)  

But as it turns out, while I was shopping the night away, my friends and boyfriend were back in Ephraim at my birthday party.  Yep, you read right!  They threw a surprise birthday party for me and I missed it!  :(  I was pretty sad about that.  When I did get back to Ephraim there was a pile of presents on my bed with a note, and cheesecake in the fridge with another note, but the party was long over and my friends were long gone.  It was a sad night for me--I just ate my cheesecake by myself and went to bed.  With my birthday being so close to Christmas it's never really been a big deal, so it makes me sad that I missed it when someone tried to make it a big deal for me.  Oh well.....     

So...I highly recommend not having children in December because it STINKS!  That's all.  I hope everyone has a great Christmas break!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Martin here--So what you're telling people is not to have "marital relations" in the spring. Ever.
As to your friends, what a bunch of dopes! If you're going to organise a surprise party, you need to make sure the person you're surprising is going to show up! Or they are only pretending they organised a surprise party to make themselves look good when all they really did is buy you a peice of cheesecake.