Thursday, April 16, 2009

The REST of the Story

So…does everyone remember how last week I was so excited to go to the Easter egg hunt right after my presentation? Well, this week I’m going to tell you the whole story! Here goes…

After my group presentation we were free to leave class, so obviously I didn’t stay. I rushed back to the main campus so I could snatch me up some Easter eggs. I tried to get a hold of Russell to tell him to meet me there because I was running late, but he didn’t answer his phone. So instead I hopped in the ShaNeil-Mobile and sped to the hunt.

As I approached the GSC, I saw tons of greedy college students rounding the corner of the humanities building. In all the excitement I quickly parked the minivan, dumped everything out of my backpack, put my keys under the seat, and started gathering eggs like crazy!

Since I was a little bit late and it had already started, I didn’t get as many Easter eggs as I had hoped to…in fact, I’m almost embarrassed to admit that I only got about ten! :( But it was okay, I was still feeling good about life. I couldn’t find Russell anywhere so I figured that he must have decided to skip the fun and work on his math. I hurried to my van, but when I went to open the door it was locked!!!

Oh man. Remember how I put my keys under the seat?! Yeah… So I walked to the math lab, found Russell, told him what I did, stood there while he laughed at me, and then called my mom because I don’t have a spare key. :( She told me that she didn’t know where a spare was… So Russell and I went to my apartment and did the first thing we thought of—grabbed a hanger. Russell tried to break in for quite a while without success. It was a little bit funny (but embarrassing) because people just kept walking by and starring at us!

So we called the cops, who referred us to a locksmith, who I wasn’t willing to pay for. So at this point I was extremely frustrated because not only did I not have a car, but I didn’t have my computer or any of my homework because it was locked inside!!!

That was when Russell decided that a Wendy’s run sounded like fun! He drove me to Nephi where we searched my house for the spare key. We finally found it, and on the way out of town we enjoyed a tasty midnight fast-food snack. :)

So what's the moral of this story, you ask? Let me tell you....

Don’t get too excited about Easter egg hunts, or you'll probably end up feeling like a fool! :)

No comments: