Thursday, April 2, 2009

Smile! :)

This week has gone by so fast! School is keeping me really busy, but my to-do list is getting a little bit shorter. Just a couple of days ago I was able to cross of “figure out the next year of my life.” Yep, I am going to be in Ephraim for one more year! If Jake will take me back, that is… :)

Yesterday in my lab I was the head teacher, so I’m glad that’s done! I had a lot of fun with it, but it was stressful for me. We did all sorts of fun activities! My theme was about things that are found kitchens—so we finger painted with pudding, made potato stamps, dug in sand with different kitchen utensils, had marshmallow architecture, and a few other things. At circle time, we sang “If All The Raindrops…” and the kids loved it! After we sang, we played “hot potato” with a real potato, and if they were holding the potato when the music stopped then they got to tell us their favorite food. Apparently little kids like that kind of attention. After the game we were dancing like crazy! I had a way fun day. :)

With everything that was going on, I didn’t even realize that yesterday was April fool’s day! Usually I am on top of these things and have a few mischievous ideas up my sleeve….but not this year! :( In order for me to tell you my story I need to share a little fun fact about myself, so please don’t judge me. Okay, here it goes…I color coordinate my closet. Whew, now you know! So anyways, I got back from my lab and had to hurry and get ready for work. I went to my closet to get my black work shirt out, and my closet was backwards! My white shirts were where my black shirts belong, and my blue shirts were where my red ones usually are…and it was just all messed up! So pretty much, Russell got me. It’s okay though, because last year I put Kool-Aid on his towel, and that was pretty much amazing…

On another note, I’m an aunt again! My sister Jamie had her baby yesterday. They live in England, so I’ve only seen pictures, but I’m excited. We didn’t know whether the baby was going to be a boy or a girl, so Russell and I made a bet on it…. If it was a boy, I had to give Russell and 20 minute back massage, and if it was a girl he had to give me a 20 minute hand/foot massage… I was SO happy to hear that she had a baby girl! YAY! :D

Anyways, that’s all I have for this week. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

No comments: