Thursday, October 8, 2009

Contest! :)

Here in Ephraim we have been working on recruiting new students. Jake and I have visited a number of Snow College classes to get the word out, and yesterday I set up a table by the belltower. I regret not taking my camera because it ended up being pretty successful! You see, we have a few items that I purchased at the USU bookstore the day of my car accident. We've been trying to find the right time to give some of them away, and yesterday was it! There were 11 or 12 people competing, and a whole group of people who gathered around to watch. After much thought and consideration, I decided that the best thing to have them do would be to...

*STAND ON ONE FOOT,
*CLOSE THEIR EYES TIGHT,
*PUT ONE HAND ON THEIR HEAD, and
*PUT THE OTHER HAND ON THEIR NOSE.

Sounds a little bit silly, right? Well I am here to tell you that it is harder than it looks! :) Go ahead, see how long you can do it before you give in! Seriously, stop reading and give it a try!

So anyway, I'm pretty sure you didn't actually stop reading to test your abilities, but you should when you get a minute. Our happy winner took home USU blanket and I'm sure he's been bragging about his mad balancing skills ever since! :)

No comments: