Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Can Explain...

I want to tell you a little story about my past. Several years ago my sister and I loved to watch Law and Order together. We got pretty in to it, I'm not going to lie...we even had a dance that we'd do when the music played right before it started! I know what you're thinking right now, and you're right! My sister and I are WAY cool! My sister thinks that Elliot Stabler is dreamy. Don't worry Krystle, nobody knows which sister I'm talking about!

As her birthday approached I wanted to get her the perfect birthday present. I thought a lot about it, and naturally, I decided that framing a photo of her secret TV crush would be a fantastic idea. So I did just that, and to this day the picture is in her apartment. :) It makes me happy every time I see it!

Soon after that, my mom had foot surgery. While being stuck in bed she started wathcing Monk. She got a little bit addicted to the show, and confessed of thinking that he is cute. At the time we had eight empty frames hanging on the wall in our home (which sounds pretty silly, I know)... For my mom's present, we filled them with pictures of HER television dream boy. These photos hung on our wall for over a year before they were finally replaced with pictures of our grandparents and great-grandparents. There is still one photo remaining on my parents entertainment center, and occansionally when guests ask about it, my mom makes up random stories about how he is a relative or an old friend, and people usually believe her! :)

Well, I don't know how many of you have ever heard of The Phone Call, but I love it! As you can probably guess, my sister framed this photo for me and gave it to me for my birthday. It has been on display in every apartment I've lived in, and that hasn't changed now that I'm married. Russell doesn't fully understand how much I love it, but he's never complained about the fact that I have a framed photo of another man on display in our family room. :)
As girls from the dorm have visited me, several of them have recognized my movie star boy and asked a lot of questions about him. I am proud to say that I have them convinced that Marc McClur is my cousin in real life! Although my residents want to make fun of The Phone Call, nobody dares because they think I'll be offended! It's awesome! :)

1 comment:

kriddlec said...

Wow, Neilly! This is one of your best blog posts EVER! I do not even mind that you have given away my love for Elliot. :) Happy happy! We are the coolest people I know!