Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wahoo!

This is probably going to be a quick post because I don't have much time tonight. I would like to take a minute to tell all of you a little story...

Earlier today I was really frustrated because the printers in the writing lab AND the library all hated me. I was trying to print off a few papers for over an hour without success. I'm not going to lie, it was WAY annoying! So I was grumpy. I went to class feeling really gloomy because I didn't have the papers I needed, and I hadn't even had time to eat dinner. GRRRRR!

Tonight in my family crisis and interventions class we learned a little bit about optimism. It was kind of funny because I wasn't really in the mood to talk about being happy! But as class progressed I slowly started to cheer up. I left feeling great, and motivated to be a more optimistic person. :) One of the slides talked about positive reinforcement. The ratio is ten positives to one negative... So, rather than dwelling on the stupid printers, I decided to think of some of the positive things in my life. Here goes...
  • I am still caught up in my reading.
  • I am understanding all of my classes.
  • My homework for today is done.
  • I'm wearing warm up pants and a t-shirt right now.
  • My bedroom is clean.
  • I had some delightful penny candy during class.
  • I have really fun socks.
  • I got my oil changed in my minivan today.
  • I got out of class early tonight.
  • AND I have some delicious ice cream in my freezer!
That's all for tonight. Peace out everyone! :)

No comments: